MINELRES: UNITED: ICARE on the road: from 9 October live online reporting from the OSCE Human Dimensions Implementation Meeting

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu Oct 5 21:38:05 2006

Original sender: UNITED <[email protected]>

UNITED E-NEWS 1/10/06
ICARE on the road:
from 9 October live online reporting from the OSCE Human Dimensions
Implementation Meeting

***forwarded message from [email protected] ***
ICARE on the road: live reporting from the OSCE Human Dimensions
Implementation Meeting (HDIM)
October 2 -15, 2006, Warsaw, Poland.

At the HDIM, ICARE will do live reporting of the Human Rights/Tolerance
and non-Discrimination & Roma and Sinti issues on October 9, 11, 12, &
13. Reporting itself starts on October 9.

What is the HDIM
The OSCE Human Dimensions Implementation Meeting (HDIM) is the most
important OSCE meeting of the year. During this 2-week event the OSCE
participating countries gather in Warsaw to talk about a number of
issues and what happened with the implementation of decisions the OSCE
took. Human Rights is one of the important issues that will be covered
during this meeting. NGOs usually participate and contribute to the
HDIM, by doing interventions, side-events and advocacy. That is, those
who are able to travel to Warsaw.

What can you expect from ICARE at the HDIM?
For those of you who know us, we don't have to tell. For others: we will
bring snappy, NGO-style, sometimes in-your-face reporting, including the
ever-feared Quote of the day, articles, opinion (and opiniated) pieces,
video-interviews and photos.

We will cover plenary discussions, interventions and side-events.

The main Human Rights topics within the OSCE Arena right now are
Antisemitism, Muslim-hate, discrimination of Roma and Sinti and Hate
crime, but of course a whole number of other issues will be discussed.

As per usual, we will try to be a channel between those who can't attend
and the meeting itself. So, if you have opinions, contributions in the
form of articles, reports and such, please mail them to us at
[email protected]. We will include those in our reporting.

The OSCE has it's own Human Rights office, ODIHR-Office for Democratic
Institutions and Human Rights, which has a special Tolerance and
Non-discrimination program (TnD), and a Contact Point For Roma and Sinti
Issues, CPRSI.

Please have a look at http://www.icare.to for more info.

Best,

Ronald Eissens

ICARE - Internet Centre Anti-Racism Europe
www.icare.to
E-mail: [email protected]

***end forwarded message***

--
We depend on YOUR help in 2006!

UNITED is not rich and has no stable income!
Though far most of the work at the UNITED secretariat is done voluntary
- still money is needed to keep the network functioning in 2006 and to
secure the cooperation and information flow throughout Europe.

Your donation is most welcome:
- in cash to UNITED Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
- by bank (preferable) to:
UNITED, Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
Account: IBAN NL77PSTB0002343715, BIC: PSTB NL2A - Bank: Postbank,
Postbus 1800, NL-1000 BV Amsterdam
(From NL: postbank 2343715)

UNITED is the pan-European network against nationalism, racism, fascism
and in support of migrants and refugees, supported by over 560
organisations in 46 European countries.
How to join the network: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org 'joining
the network'

UNITED E-NEWS is an irregular email service to over 6300 organisations
and contact persons active in the working  fields: anti-racism, refugee
support, anti-fascism, against antisemitism, migration, minority issues,
intercultural youth work, against nationalism etc.

Regular postal mailings, containing publications such as Addressbook
Against Racism, Calendar of Internationalism, Campaign reports, Posters
etc. are sent to over 2200 European organisations.  If you also would
like to receive this mailing: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org
'joining the network'

----

UNITED for Intercultural Action
European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of
migrants and refugees
Postbus 413   -  NL 1000 AK Amsterdam - phone +31-20-6834778  -  fax
+31-20-6834582 - [email protected]  -
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/