MINELRES: POLAND: Cashubian news in radio everyday

Paulk Kask Szczepta [email protected]
Wed Jan 7 15:08:21 2004

In Cashubian minority region (northern Poland) Radio Gdansk as the only
public radio (www.radio.gdansk.pl) from Monday 12.Jan. starts broadcasting
everyday morning news in Cashubian language.

- This is a big progress. Our hope and goal is everyday's 3-4 hrs Cashubian
programme although I know that we have to wait for it a bit more - says
Leszek Szmidtke, initiator of Cashubian News and coordinator of Cashubian
Magazine in Radio Gdansk.

There was a cashubian programme there in period of 1989-91. Cashubian
Magazine is being broadcasted since 1991. Two years ago and last year during
half a year Radio Gdansk broadcasted small Cashubian programmes during the
day, between other Polish materials.
Cashubian programme is broadcasted also by public Radio Slupsk.

You can listen to Radio Gdansk on the net
http://www.radio.gdansk.pl/listen.html (Sunday 8.00-9.00, everyday news
Monday-Friday 5.50-6.00).

Pawel Szczepta