MINELRES: For Diversity - Against Discrimination, 01/03/2010

[email protected] [email protected]
Wed Mar 31 20:34:02 2010

Original sender: EC Equalitynews <[email protected]>

Viviane Reding as new Commissioner for non-discrimination

On Tuesday 9 February 2010 the European Parliament approved the new
European Commission with its president Jose Manuel Barroso and his new
26-member college. European deputies voted by an overwhelming 488 votes
in favour, 137 against and 72 abstentions.

In the new Barroso's team Viviane Reding is Commissioner for Justice,
Fundamental Rights and Citizenship as well as Vice-President of the
Commission.

After the allocation of portfolios, the Equality between Men and Women,
Action against Discrimination, Civil Society Directorate G of
Directorate-general "Employment, social affairs and inclusion" remains
within the same Directorate-General but is placed under the
responsibility of Viviane Reding.

European Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA); European Institute for Gender
Equality (EIGE); European Judicial Cooperation Unit (EUROJUST) as well
as DG Communication (COMM) and Publications Office (OP) are also
subordinate to Commissioner Reding.

For more details on new Commissioner go to :
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/hearings/commissioners/getHomePage.htm?
language=EN

For more details on new Commission go to:
http://ec.europa.eu/commission_2010-2014/index_en.htm

The Community Programme for Employment and Social Solidarity - Progress
2007-13 Funding Priorities for 2010 - Annual Plan of Work in the
field of non-discrimination:

As in 2009, the European Commission will finance communication
activities under the campaign "For Diversity. Against Discrimination",
support projects from national authorities and finance EU level NGO
networks. A new activity will be a large scale training scheme targeting
civil society and trade unions (to begin in 2011). The training of
trainers will take place in all Member States.

To find other PROGRESS non-discrimination activities for 2010 go to:
http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=658&langId=en.

Under 'Related Documents' select 'PROGRESS Programme: Annual Work Plan
2010 - List of activities, section 4'.

Equalitynews is now on Facebook and LinkedIn!

We can now expand our networks of people interested in and/or
professionally involved with anti-discrimination issues. The social
media will also facilitate interaction with and between our readers on
the topics presented in Equalitynews.
http://facebook.com/pages/EC-equalitynews/131089869548
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2358277

WE APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK

Please take a minute to complete our very short online questionnaire on
the format and contents of Equalitynews. Thank you!
http://www.equalitynews.eu/nl_img/ADsurvey.html

This mailing is sent to subscribers to the contacts database of the
Community Action program PROGRESS ("Non-discrimination and diversity"
strand). It aims to keep you informed of important news, events and
publications in the area of non-discrimination. Subscribe, update your
contact details or unsubscribe via www.equalitynews.eu . For all
communication regarding the program please mail to
[email protected]

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/