MINELRES: Job opportunity Minority Rights Group - Regional Information Officer - Latin America

[email protected] [email protected]
Sun Jan 11 17:37:01 2009

Original sender: Emma Eastwood <[email protected]>

REGIONAL INFORMATION OFFICER -  LATIN AMERICA

Deadline for completed applications:  30th January 2009

A unique opportunity to link minority community activists with EU based
journalists

Are you a media professional?  Have you worked with the international
media? Do you know about minority communities and minority rights?

MRG is about to embark on an exciting new global programme that will
train minority activitists in media skills and  encourage them to submit
materials and stories to EU based media.  We are seeking an experienced
journalist or media officer with  a  great track record to train,
support and advise minority communities on EU media (including print,
TV, radio and online).

Gross Salary US$ 1,500. This is a part time post, initially for 3 days
per week funded until December 2011. We may negotiate an increase in
working hours if we have sufficient resources. We would expect the post
holder to be based in any country in Latin America and work from home.
The post holder will be expected to work closely with MRG's partners on
this programme in  Peru, Ecuador, Argentina and Colombia. For details
and application form please see MRG's website
http://www.minorityrights.org/7641/employment-opportunities-and-
internships/regional-information-officer-latin-america.html

Emma Eastwood
Media Officer
Minority Rights Group International.
54, Commercial Street,