MINELRES: Stop Discrimination Newsletter - Issue 1: April 2009

[email protected] [email protected]
Mon Apr 6 20:54:02 2009

Original sender: Equalitynews <[email protected]>

For diversity - Against discrimination

www.stop-discrimination.info

Stop Discrimination Newsletter

Issue 1: April 2009

Welcome to the new 'For Diversity. Against Discrimination.' newsletter!
In this issue we will be focusing on the theme of the media.

This issue of the newsletter includes:

In Focus
- Discrimination in the Media across the EU

Stories of Discrimination
- People from all over Europe and from all walks of life can suffer
discrimination. A man who suffered age discrimination tells his story.

Employers' Corner
- Did you know that as an employer you have a responsibility to tackle
discrimination in your business?

Interviews
- Writing on Difference: the Journalist Award 2008 Winners
- Roma in the Media - Views from a Journalist Award Judge

News and Events
- European Day on Solidarity and Cooperation between Generations, 29
April 2009

Did you know...
- According to a recent survey many of us will experience or witness
discrimination during our working lives. Do you know your rights?

Last word
- European Commissioner Vladimir Spidla speaks on the importance of the
role of the media in representing diversity.

Click here to download this newsletter in PDF format:
http://www.stoppadiskriminering.info/index.php?id=8041

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/