MINELRES: UNITED E-News 25-09-2008: Human Dimension Implementation Meeting

UNITED for Intercultural Action [email protected]
Sun Sep 28 10:27:02 2008

----=BOUNDARY_9251639_FLGI_WQYS_GEUV_YUTA

UNITED E-News 25-09-2008

Human Dimension Implementation Meeting

The Human Dimension Implementation Meeting is the largest human rights conf=
erence in Europe. For two weeks, OSCE delegations, intergovernmental agenci=
es, and NGOs come together to discuss the implementation of OSCE commitment=
s on the protection of human rights, the rule of law, and democracy.

Organiser: OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights
Where: Warsaw, Poland
Dates: 29 September -10 October 2008

Deadline for registration: by Wednesday, 28 September 2008.
Please register on-line at http://meetings.odihr.pl if at all possible.
for more information: http://www.osce.org/conferences/hdim_2008.html

The 2008 OSCE Human Dimension Implementation Meeting will take place in War=
saw, Poland, from 29 September to 10 October 2008. This is the annual OSCE =
meeting where representatives of governments and civil society from the 56 =
participating States will review both the implementation of the OSCE's Huma=
n Dimension commitments and the procedures
and mechanisms for monitoring and enhancing compliance with these commitmen=
ts.

The conference will review the whole range of human rights and democracy co=
mmitments undertaken by the OSCE's participating States.
This year's special focus areas include freedom of religion or belief, assi=
stance to victims of human trafficking and human rights education.
Civil society groups have full access to the conference, and a record numbe=
r of non-governmental organizations are expected to attend.
More than 50 side events, many organized by non-governmental organizations,=
 will focus on specific issues such as the human rights situation in certai=
n countries.
Two major publications will be launched by ODIHR during the conference: a r=
eport on hate-motivated incidents in the OSCE region, and a status report o=
n the implementation of the OSCE's 2003 Action Plan on Roma and Sinti.
Journalists are invited to attend the opening session, which will begin at =
10:00 on Monday, 29 September, in Hotel Victoria, ul. Krolewska, Warsaw, as=
 well as all regular working sessions and side events.
The agenda, daily updates, interviews with participants and short summaries=
 of events in English and Russian as well as other information will be avai=
lable on the conference website: www.osce.org/conferences/hdim_2008.html

Unfortunately, the ODIHR is not in a position to provide any financial assi=
stance to participate in the Meeting. Participants are kindly requested to =
make their own hotel arrangements.

For further information please contact Ms. Anna Sierant
[email protected] or at tel.: +48-22-5200600 (ext. 4121)

We depend on YOUR help in 2008!

UNITED is not rich and has no stable income !
Though far most of the work at the UNITED secretariat is done voluntary - s=
till money is needed to keep the network functioning in 2008 and to secure =
the cooperation and information flow throughout Europe.

Your donation is most welcome:
- in cash to UNITED Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
- by bank (preferable) to:
UNITED, Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
Account: IBAN NL77PSTB0002343715, BIC: PSTB NL2A - Bank: Postbank, Postbus =
1800, NL-1000 BV Amsterdam
(From NL: postbank 2343715)

UNITED is the pan-European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and=
 in support of migrants and refugees, supported by over 560 organisations i=
n 46 European countries.
How to join the network: see <http://www.unitedagainstracism.org>http://www=
=2Eunitedagainstracism.org 'joining the network'

UNITED E-NEWS is an irregular email service to over 9000 organisations and =
contact persons active in the working fields: anti-racism, refugee support,=
 anti-fascism, against antisemitism, migration, minority issues, intercultu=
ral youth work, against nationalism etc.

Regular postal mailings, containing publications such as Addressbook Agains=
t Racism, Calendar of Internationalism, Campaign reports, Posters etc. are =
sent to over 2400 European organisations. If you also would like to receive=
 this mailing: see <http://www.unitedagainstracism.org>http://www.unitedaga=
instracism.org 'joining the network'

----
You have received this E-news because your organisation or institution is l=
isted in the UNITED online database and/or Addressbook Against Racism; you =
have attended a UNITED event; have participated in a UNITED campaign; are a=
 partner in the working fields above; and/or have expressed an interest in =
UNITED network's issues.

To be removed from future mailings, just reply to this message with 'unsubs=
cribe' in the subject line.

If you want to receive a copy of E-news to your own (private) email address=
, just send a message from that address with 'subscribe' in the subject lin=
e. (UNITED does not publish private (email) addresses)

----

UNITED for Intercultural Action
European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of mig=
rants and refugees
Postbus 413 - NL 1000 AK Amsterdam - phone +31-20-6834778 - fax +31-20-6834=
582 - [email protected] - <http://www.unitedagainstracism.org>ht=
tp://www.unitedagainstracism.org

----=BOUNDARY_9251639_FLGI_WQYS_GEUV_YUTA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>HTML Message</TITLE>
<META NAME=3DGENERATOR CONTENT=3DAdvanced HTML parser v2>
<META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DISO-8859-=
1">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<TABLE BORDER=3D"0" WIDTH=3D"100%" CELLSPACING=3D"0" CELLPADDING=3D"0">
<TR>
<TD>
<FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">UNITED E-News 25-09-2008<br><br></FONT><B><I><FONT FA=
CE=3D"Geneva">Human Dimension Implementation Meeting</FONT></B></I><FONT FA=
CE=3D"Geneva"><br></FONT><B><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva"><br></FONT></B><FONT FACE=
=3D"Geneva">The Human Dimension Implementation Meeting is the largest human=
 rights conference in Europe. For two weeks, OSCE delegations, intergovernm=
ental agencies, and NGOs come together to discuss the implementation of OSC=
E commitments on the protection of human rights, the rule of law, and democ=
racy.<br><br>Organiser: OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human R=
br></FONT><I><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">Deadline for registration: by Wednesday,=
 28 September 2008.</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva"><br></FONT><I><FONT FAC=
E=3D"Geneva">Please register on-line at</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva"> </=
FONT><I><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva"><A HREF=3D"http://meetings.odihr.pl">http://m=
eetings.odihr.pl</A> if at all possible.</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva"><b=
r></FONT><I><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">for more information: <A HREF=3D"http://w=
ww.osce.org/conferences/hdim_2008.html">http://www.osce.org/conferences/hdi=
m_2008.html</A></FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva"><br><br>The 2008 OSCE Human=
 Dimension Implementation Meeting will take place in Warsaw, Poland, from 2=
9 September to 10 October 2008. This is the annual OSCE meeting where repre=
sentatives of governments and civil society from the 56 participating State=
s will review both the implementation of the OSCE's Human Dimension commitm=
ents and the procedures<br>and mechanisms for monitoring and enhancing comp=
ole range of human rights and democracy commitments undertaken by the OSCE'=
s participating States. <br>This year's special focus areas include freedom=
 of religion or belief, assistance to victims of human trafficking and huma=
n rights education.<br>Civil society groups have full access to the confere=
nce, and a record number of non-governmental organizations are expected to =
attend.<br>More than 50 side events, many organized by non-governmental org=
anizations, will focus on specific issues such as the human rights situatio=
n in certain countries.<br>Two major publications will be launched by ODIHR=
 during the conference: a report on hate-motivated incidents in the OSCE re=
gion, and a status report on the implementation of the OSCE's 2003 Action P=
lan on Roma and Sinti.<br>Journalists are invited to attend the opening ses=
sion, which will begin at 10:00 on Monday, 29 September, in Hotel Victoria,=
 ul. Krolewska, Warsaw, as well as all regular working sessions and side ev=
ents.<br>The agenda, daily updates, interviews with participants and short =
summaries of events in English and Russian as well as other information wil=
l be available on the conference website: <A HREF=3D"www.osce.org/conferenc=
/FONT><B><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">Unfortunately, the ODIHR is not in a positio=
n to provide any financial assistance to participate in the Meeting. Partic=
ipants are kindly requested to make their own hotel arrangements.</FONT></B=
s. Anna Sierant<br>[email protected] or at tel.: +48-22-5200600 (ext. 4=
121)</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"><br><br></FONT><FONT SIZE=
=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"><br>***********************************************=
************<br></FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">We depend on YO=
ough far most of the work at the UNITED secretariat is done voluntary - sti=
ll money is needed to keep the network functioning in 2008 and to secure th=
e cooperation and information flow throughout Europe.<br><br>Your donation =
is most welcome:<br>- in cash to UNITED Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam<br=
>- by bank (preferable) to:<br>UNITED, Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam<br>=
Account: IBAN NL77PSTB0002343715, BIC: PSTB NL2A - Bank: Postbank, Postbus =
1800, NL-1000 BV Amsterdam</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"><br>=
</FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">(From NL: postbank 2343715)</FO=
NT></B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"><br><br></FONT><=
FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">******************************************=
*****************</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"=
scism and in support of migrants and refugees, supported by over 560 organi=
sations in 46 European countries.<br>How to join the network: see</FONT><FO=
NT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"> <<A HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstracism.=
org">http://www.unitedagainstracism.org</A>></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" =
SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"><A HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstracism.org">=
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org</A> 'joining the network'<br><br>UNITED =
E-NEWS is an irregular email service to over 9000 organisations and contact=
 persons active in the working fields: anti-racism, refugee support, anti-f=
ascism, against antisemitism, migration, minority issues, intercultural you=
th work, against nationalism etc.<br><br>Regular postal mailings, containin=
g publications such as Addressbook Against Racism, Calendar of Internationa=
lism, Campaign reports, Posters etc. are sent to over 2400 European organis=
ations. If you also would like to receive this mailing: see</FONT><FONT SIZ=
E=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"> <<A HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstracism.org">h=
ttp://www.unitedagainstracism.org</A>></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=
=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"><A HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstracism.org">http=
 have received this E-news because your organisation or institution is list=
ed in the UNITED online database and/or Addressbook Against Racism; you hav=
e attended a UNITED event; have participated in a UNITED campaign; are a pa=
rtner in the working fields above; and/or have expressed an interest in UNI=
TED network's issues.<br><br>To be removed from future mailings, just reply=
 to this message with '</FONT><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=
=3D"Geneva">unsubscribe</FONT></B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=
=3D"Geneva">' in the subject line.<br><br>If you want to receive a copy of =
E-news to your own (private) email address, just send a message from that a=
ddress with '</FONT><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">=
subscribe</FONT></B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">' i=
n the subject line. (UNITED does not publish private (email) addresses)</FO=
ltural Action<br>European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and =
in support of migrants and refugees<br>Postbus 413 - NL 1000 AK Amsterdam -=
 phone +31-20-6834778 - fax +31-20-6834582 - [email protected] -=
 <<A HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstracism.org">http://www.unitedagainstra=
cism.org</A>><A HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstracism.org">http://www.unit=
edagainstracism.org</A><br><br></FONT>
</TD>