MINELRES: New MRG campaign on climate change

[email protected] [email protected]
Mon Sep 22 10:38:02 2008

Original sender: Minority Rights Group International
<[email protected]>

Dear friends,

Climate change is not just destroying our planet - it is threatening the
very survival of communities, cultures and languages.

Indigenous and minority communities across the world have an unique and
close relationship with nature, and because their livelihoods often
depend on the environment they are amongst the worst affected by climate
change.

UN member states are locked in negotiations to get a climate change deal
through by 2009, but indigenous and minority communities have been left
out of these crucial negotiations.

Their voices must be heard.

Please join our campaign - a show of hands for communities combating
climate change - http://www.minorityrights.org/showofhands

Click here to take action now - http://www.minorityrights.org/?lid=7117

Thank you for your support.

Farah Mihlar
MRG Campaigns team
[email protected]

Minority Rights Group International
54 Commercial Street
London E1 6LT

Tel: +44 (0)20 7422 4205
Mob: +44 (0)7870 596 863
http://www.minorityrights.org

**

Minority Rights Group International (MRG) is a non-governmental
organization working to secure the rights of ethnic, religious and
linguistic minorities and indigenous peoples worldwide, and to promote
cooperation and understanding between communities.

MRG is a registered charity no. 282305, and has consultative status with
the United Nations Economic and Social Council and observer status with
the African Commission for Human and Peoples' Rights.

Minority Rights Group International
54 Commercial Street, London, E1 6LT, UK
Tel: 020 7422 4200
Fax: 020 7422 4201
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://www.minorityrights.org