MINELRES: UNITED E-NEWS 17-09-08: November 9 Campaign - Send in your activities!

UNITED for Intercultural Action [email protected]
Sat Sep 20 19:00:23 2008

----=BOUNDARY_9171251_UDDV_RSWW_UUIF_QOGG

UNITED E-NEWS 17-09-08

UNITED we are Strong
9 November 2008 - INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST FASCISM AND ANTISEMITISM
Send in your activities and order free campaign material - see forms below!=

'UNITED we are Strong' - under this heading anti-fascist and anti-racist or=
ganisations throughout Europe commemorate the victims of the 'Kristallnacht=
' pogrom and Hitler's fatal policy of mass murder. They protest against con=
temporary forms of racism and intolerance.

The 'Kristallnacht' pogrom of 9 November 1938 marks the beginning of the Ho=
locaust, the extermination policy of the nazis against Europe's Jewish popu=
lation.
Looking to the right-wing tendencies in the modern Europe, we must be aware=
 that history used to be repeated and the Holocaust happened with the silen=
t acceptance and support of the broad majority of the society. Nowadays, ri=
ght-wing extremism is an increasing force on the entire continent. Hate cri=
mes are turning into regular facts, extreme right-wing parties are elected =
into local and national parliaments and xenophobic propaganda is becoming l=
egitimate in societies.

If you are willing and courageous to build a society based on the values of=
 human rights and human dignity, join forces and act together with hundreds=
 of groups from all over Europe within the UNITED campaign! UNITED WE ARE S=
TRONG!

**LET US CAMPAIGN TOGETHER!**
UNITED links various activities and highlights the issues of fascism and an=
tisemitism on a European level. It publicises and supports initiatives of l=
ocal groups. UNITED for Intercultural Action is the largest pan-European ne=
twork against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and r=
efugees and connects over 560 organisations from 49 European countries. It =
co-ordinates the European campaign on the International Day Against Fascism=
 and Antisemitism.

For more campaign information:  http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/ca=
mpnov.htm.
Below you can find an e-mail form to inform UNITED about your activities on=
 9 November, and to order free campaign material such as posters and postca=
rds.

**EUROPEAN LIST OF ACTIVITIES**
To make sure your activity is included in the UNITED http://www.unitedagain=
stracism.org/pages/act08n9.htm on-line, send any available information to U=
NITED, either by fax (+31-20-6834582), e-mail ([email protected]=
) or just call in the office (+31-20-6834778) as soon as possible.

*************E-MAIL REACTION FORM *****************************************=

(Return this form to: [email protected])

OUR ACTIVITY IS:
Title:
Type of activity:
Place:
Theme:
Organiser:
Contact address:
Phone:
Mobile phone:
Fax:
Email:
Website:

*****

ORDER FORM FOR CAMPAIGN MATERIAL
FOR THE INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST FASCISM AND ANTISEMITISM

UNITED can send up to 2 kilos campaign material free of charge, please calc=
ulate how many copies you want. For more than 2 kilos we ask for a contribu=
tion towards the mailing costs but if you need more free material for speci=
al purposes don't hesitate to contact us.

http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/campnov9.htm#11

=2E......... (max. 100)       'UNITED we are Strong' (new edition 2008)
Backside: campaign information 2008 & call to join forces and act against i=
ntolerance and right-wing extremism

=2E......... (max. 100)    'Act Against Intolerance' (edition 2007)
Backside: campaign information 2007: how to act against hate speech and rig=
ht-wing extremism

=2E......... (max. 25)        'Resistance - Who if Not Us? When if Not Now? W=
here if Not Here? Backside: guidelines on how to organise your campaign act=
ivities and background information on the 'Kristallnacht pogrom'

=2E......... (max. 100)        RUSSIAN Edition 'Resistance - Who if Not Us? W=
hen if Not Now? Where if Not Here?
Backside: guidelines in Russian on how to organise your campaign activities=
 and background information on the 'Kristallnacht pogrom'

=2E......... (max. 25)        'Hope Not Fear' - Backside: information on 9th =
November campaign 2004

http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/campnov9.htm#12
(* please tick)

[ ] Yes we want to receive campaign postcards *

http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pdfs/rep07nov9.pdf
Quantity (26 gram/copy)

=2E........ (max. 10)   'Campaign Report 2007'
Collection of good practices organised all over Europe during the 'Kristall=
nacht' pogrom commemorations. Useful inspiration and motivation tool for th=
ose who want to organise low or no budget activities to act against intoler=
ance!

*****

YOUR ADDRESS DETAILS:

Name organisation:
Contact person:
Address:
Postal Code:
Place:
Country:
Phone:
Fax:
Email:
Site:

--
We depend on YOUR help in 2008!

UNITED is not rich and has no stable income !
Though far most of the work at the UNITED secretariat is done voluntary - s=
till money is needed to keep the network functioning in 2008 and to secure =
the cooperation and information flow throughout Europe.

Your donation is most welcome:
- in cash to UNITED Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
- by bank (preferable) to:
UNITED, Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
Account: IBAN NL77PSTB0002343715, BIC: PSTB NL2A - Bank: Postbank, Postbus =
1800, NL-1000 BV Amsterdam
(From NL: postbank 2343715)

UNITED is the pan-European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and=
 in support of migrants and refugees, supported by over 560 organisations i=
n 46 European countries.
How to join the network: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org 'joining th=
e network'

UNITED E-NEWS is an irregular email service to over 9000 organisations and =
contact persons active in the working  fields: anti-racism, refugee support=
, anti-fascism, against antisemitism, migration, minority issues, intercult=
ural youth work, against nationalism etc.

Regular postal mailings, containing publications such as Addressbook Agains=
t Racism, Calendar of Internationalism, Campaign reports, Posters etc. are =
sent to over 2400 European organisations.  If you also would like to receiv=
e this mailing: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org 'joining the network=
'

----
You have received this E-news because your organisation or institution is l=
isted in the UNITED online database and/or Addressbook Against Racism; you =
have attended a UNITED event; have participated in a UNITED campaign; are a=
 partner in the working fields above; and/or have expressed an interest in =
UNITED network's issues.

To be removed from future mailings, just reply to this message with 'unsubs=
cribe' in the subject line.

If you want to receive a copy of E-news to your own (private) email address=
, just send a message from that address with 'subscribe' in the subject lin=
e. (UNITED does not publish private (email) addresses)

----

UNITED for Intercultural Action
European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of mig=
rants and refugees
Postbus 413   -  NL 1000 AK Amsterdam - phone +31-20-6834778  -  fax +31-20=
-6834582 - [email protected]  -  http://www.unitedagainstracism.=
org

----=BOUNDARY_9171251_UDDV_RSWW_UUIF_QOGG

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>HTML Message</TITLE>
<META NAME=3DGENERATOR CONTENT=3DAdvanced HTML parser v2>
<META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DISO-8859-=
1">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<TABLE BORDER=3D"0" WIDTH=3D"100%" CELLSPACING=3D"0" CELLPADDING=3D"0">
<TR>
<TD>
<FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">UNITED E-NEWS 17-09-08<br><br>UNITED we are Strong<br=
>9 November 2008 - INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST FASCISM AND ANTISEMITISM<br>Se=
nd in your activities and order free campaign material - see forms below!<b=
r><br><br>'UNITED we are Strong' - under this heading anti-fascist and anti=
-racist organisations throughout Europe commemorate the victims of the 'Kri=
stallnacht' pogrom and Hitler's fatal policy of mass murder. They protest a=
gainst contemporary forms of racism and intolerance.<br><br>The 'Kristallna=
cht' pogrom of 9 November 1938 marks the beginning of the Holocaust, the ex=
termination policy of the nazis against Europe's Jewish population. <br>Loo=
king to the right-wing tendencies in the modern Europe, we must be aware th=
at history used to be repeated and the Holocaust happened with the silent a=
cceptance and support of the broad majority of the society. Nowadays, right=
-wing extremism is an increasing force on the entire continent. Hate crimes=
 are turning into regular facts, extreme right-wing parties are elected int=
o local and national parliaments and xenophobic propaganda is becoming legi=
timate in societies.<br><br></FONT><I><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">If you are will=
ing and courageous to build a society based on the values of human rights a=
nd human dignity, join forces and act together with hundreds of groups from=
 all over Europe within the UNITED campaign! UNITED WE ARE STRONG!</FONT></=
ks various activities and highlights the issues of fascism and antisemitism=
 on a European level. It publicises and supports initiatives of local group=
s. UNITED for Intercultural Action is the largest pan-European network agai=
nst nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees an=
d connects over 560 organisations from 49 European countries. It co-ordinat=
es the European campaign on the International Day Against Fascism and Antis=
emitism.<br><br>For more campaign information:  <A HREF=3D"http://www.unite=
dagainstracism.org/pages/campnov.htm.">http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/p=
ages/campnov.htm.</A><br>Below you can find an e-mail form to inform UNITED=
 about your activities on 9 November, and to order free campaign material s=
make sure your activity is included in the UNITED <A HREF=3D"http://www.uni=
tedagainstracism.org/pages/act08n9.htm">List of Activities</A> on-line, sen=
d any available information to UNITED, either by fax (+31-20-6834582), e-ma=
il ([email protected]) or just call in the office (+31-20-683477=
***********************************<br>(Return this form to: info@unitedaga=
ER FORM FOR CAMPAIGN MATERIAL<br>FOR THE INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST FASCISM =
AND ANTISEMITISM<br><br>UNITED can send up to 2 kilos campaign material fre=
e of charge, please calculate how many copies you want. For more than 2 kil=
os we ask for a contribution towards the mailing costs but if you need more=
 free material for special purposes don't hesitate to contact us.<br><br><A=
 HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/campnov9.htm#11">POSTERS =
</A><br><br>.......... (max. 100)       'UNITED we are Strong' (new edition=
 2008)<br>Backside: campaign information 2008 & call to join forces and act=
 against intolerance and right-wing extremism<br><br>.......... (max. 100) =
   'Act Against Intolerance' (edition 2007)<br>Backside: campaign informati=
on 2007: how to act against hate speech and right-wing extremism<br><br>...=
=2E...... (max. 25)        'Resistance - Who if Not Us? When if Not Now? Wher=
e if Not Here? Backside: guidelines on how to organise your campaign activi=
ties and background information on the 'Kristallnacht pogrom'<br><br>......=
=2E... (max. 100)        RUSSIAN Edition 'Resistance - Who if Not Us? When if=
 Not Now? Where if Not Here?<br>Backside: guidelines in Russian on how to o=
rganise your campaign activities and background information on the 'Kristal=
lnacht pogrom'<br><br>.......... (max. 25)        'Hope Not Fear' - Backsid=
ww.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/campnov9.htm#12">POSTCARDS </A><br>(* plea=
<A HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pdfs/rep07nov9.pdf">CAMPAIGN =
n Report 2007'<br>Collection of good practices organised all over Europe du=
ring the 'Kristallnacht' pogrom commemorations. Useful inspiration and moti=
vation tool for those who want to organise low or no budget activities to a=
FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">--<br>************************************=
***********************<br></FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">We d=
epend on YOUR help in 2008!<br><br>UNITED is not rich and has no stable inc=
ome ! <br>Though far most of the work at the UNITED secretariat is done vol=
untary - still money is needed to keep the network functioning in 2008 and =
to secure the cooperation and information flow throughout Europe.<br><br>Yo=
ur donation is most welcome:<br>- in cash to UNITED Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK =
Amsterdam<br>- by bank (preferable) to:<br>UNITED, Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK A=
msterdam<br>Account: IBAN NL77PSTB0002343715, BIC: PSTB NL2A - Bank: Postba=
nk, Postbus 1800, NL-1000 BV Amsterdam</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=
=3D"Geneva"><br></FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">(From NL: postb=
ank 2343715)</FONT></B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">=
*********************************</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=
=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"><br><br>UNITED is the pan-European network against =
nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees, suppo=
rted by over 560 organisations in 46 European countries.<br>How to join the=
 network: see <A HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstracism.org">http://www.uni=
tedagainstracism.org</A> 'joining the network'<br><br>UNITED E-NEWS is an i=
rregular email service to over 9000 organisations and contact persons activ=
e in the working  fields: anti-racism, refugee support, anti-fascism, again=
st antisemitism, migration, minority issues, intercultural youth work, agai=
nst nationalism etc.<br><br>Regular postal mailings, containing publication=
ou also would like to receive this mailing: see <A HREF=3D"http://www.unite=
dagainstracism.org">http://www.unitedagainstracism.org</A> 'joining the net=
n or institution is listed in the UNITED online database and/or Addressbook=
 Against Racism; you have attended a UNITED event; have participated in a U=
NITED campaign; are a partner in the working fields above; and/or have expr=
essed an interest in UNITED network's issues.  <br><br>To be removed from f=
uture mailings, just reply to this message with '</FONT><B><FONT COLOR=
=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">unsubscribe</FONT></B><FONT COLOR=
=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">' in the subject line.<br><br>If y=
ou want to receive a copy of E-news to your own (private) email address, ju=
st send a message from that address with '</FONT><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"=
 SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">subscribe</FONT></B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SI=
ZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva">' in the subject line. (UNITED does not publish p=
rivate (email) addresses)</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"-1" FACE=3D"Geneva"><br><br>-=
onalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees<br>Postbus=
 413   -  NL 1000 AK Amsterdam - phone +31-20-6834778  -  fax +31-20-683458=
2 - [email protected]  -  <A HREF=3D"http://www.unitedagainstrac=
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>