MINELRES: Eurolang News, November 2008

[email protected] [email protected]
Wed Nov 26 19:16:41 2008

Original sender: Eurolang <[email protected]>

Dear Sir/ Madam,
We include a brief summary of the latest articles published on Eurolang.

EU welcomes the dragon's tongue, Cymraeg

The Welsh Heritage Minister, Alun Ffred Jones, became the first person
to speak Cymraeg (Welsh) formally at an institutional meeting of the
European Union as he led the UK delegation to the EU Council of Culture
Ministers in Brussels.

http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=3116&Itemid=1&lang=en

Welsh speaker wins landmark discrimination case against multinational
company

A factory worker who said that she was unable to speak Welsh at work has
won a claim of unfair dismissal against Siemens Healthcare Limited.
Gwyneth Green from Caernarfon, north Wales, claimed unfair dismissal at
a recent employment tribunal and was granted  "substantial"
compensation. She was also offered her job back, which she declined.

http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=3115&Itemid=1&lang=en

Basque movie 'Kutsidazu bidea, Ixabel' wins film award

The Basque language feature film Kutsidazu bidea, Ixabel, (Show me the
way, Ixabel) has won the second European Minority Film Award in the
North Frisian capital of Husum.

http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=3114&Itemid=1&lang=en

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.  We thank
you for your interest in Eurolang, the news service for  lesser used
languages.

Davyth Hicks

Dr. Davyth A. Hicks
Editor-in-Chief