MINELRES: Vacancies at Conciliation Resources

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue Jul 1 17:21:03 2008

Original sender: Jonathan Cohen <[email protected]>

Dear Colleague

Conciliation Resources is looking for a Projects Manager and a Programme
Officer to join our Caucasus programme team in London. The jobs are posted
on our website (http://www.c-r.org/about/jobs.php) and pasted below is an
advertisement for the two posts.

As always, we are relying on our friends and colleagues to help us find
the right people, and we would be very grateful if you could bring this
information to the attention of anyone you think might be interested and
qualified to apply for either job.

With thanks and best wishes,

Andy Carl
Executive Director

J O B   V A C A N C I E S

Conciliation Resources (CR) is a dynamic international NGO that supports
community-based and national organizations seeking to prevent or transform
violent conflict into opportunities for sustainable development. Established in
1994, CR has programmes in the Caucasus, the Uganda/Sudan borders and West
Africa where we work in partnership with local and international civil society
organizations and governments. CR also publishes Accord: an international
review of peace initiatives and we are involved in projects in Colombia, Fiji,
and the Philippines. We are also increasingly engaged in influencing public and
governmental policies on peace processes. We are funded through grants from
governments, independent trusts, and foundations.

The posts below are senior positions in CR�s Caucasus team working on the
Georgian-Abkhaz and Nagorny Karabakh conflicts. Both posts require fluent
Russian, a strong commitment to conflict transformation and two years project
management experience in peacebuilding or a related field.

Caucasus Projects Manager

Full-time, London-based with regular travel, �34,017 plus pension

The Projects Manager will develop and manage a range of projects in our
Caucasus programme. Regular travel (approximately three months a year) is
required to provide support and oversight to partner organizations.

The successful candidate will have experience of project management as
well as working with a wide range of social and political actors. The
post will require a sound understanding of the region, organizational
and community development and conflict transformation.

Caucasus Programme Officer
(12 months maternity cover)

Full-time, London-based with occasional travel, �34,017 plus pension

The Programme Officer will provide financial and administrative
management to the programme and to local partner organizations, and
have responsibilities for managing specific projects.

The successful candidate will have experience of project and financial
management (including setting budgets and financial reporting), as well
as a sound understanding of conflict transformation and the region.

For full job descriptions and application forms, visit our website
http://www.c-r.org/about/jobs.php

Closing date: Friday 11 July 2008

Interviews will be held in the week beginning 21 July 2008

--------------------------------
Jonathan Cohen
Co-Director
Caucasus Programme
Conciliation Resources
173 Upper Street
London N1 1RG

Tel: 44 (0)20 7359 7728 ext 230
Fax: 44 (0)20 7359 4081
e-mail: [email protected]
Website: www.c-r.org

UK charity number 1055436

Conciliation Resources (CR) is an independent non-governmental organization
working to prevent violence, promote justice and transform conflict into
opportunities for development.

CR�s new Accord issue 'Powers of persuasion: incentives, sanctions and
conditionality in peacemaking' is available online now at
www.c-r.org/incentives/

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/