MINELRES: UNITED: Order material 15-23 March 2008 European-Wide Action Week Against Racism

[email protected] [email protected]
Mon Feb 11 20:03:14 2008

Original sender: UNITED <[email protected]>

UNITED E-NEWS 07/02/2008: Order material 15-23 March 2008 European-Wide
Action Week Against Racism

COLOUR YOUR PICTURE
15-23 March 2008 European-wide Action Week Against Racism

JOIN! - the campaign
INFORM! - us about your activity (see questionnaire below)
ORDER! - posters for free (see order form below)

UNITED for Intercultural Action provides campaign material like posters
(new poster 2008), postcards and stickers free of charge and produces a
European List of Activities.
Below you can find an e-mail form to inform UNITED about your activities
on the Action Week 2008 and to order free material to use for your
activity and make it more attractive!

** 21 MARCH **
The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination takes
place annually on 21 March. This day, in 1960, during a peaceful
demonstration in Sharpeville (South Africa) against the apartheid,
police opened fire and killed 69 people.

Proclaiming the Day in 1966, the General Assembly of the United Nations
called upon the international community to redouble its efforts to
eliminate all forms of racial discrimination.

During the annual European-wide Action Week Against Racism, which takes
place around 21 March, thousands of people fight for tolerance and equal
rights for everybody and celebrate the diversity of Europe.

This year, from 15-23 March, once again hundreds of activities on the
local, national and international level will take place all around
Europe, organised by a wide variety of organisations. Activities range
from intercultural youth festivals over getting racist slogans off the
walls to multicultural football matches.

** COLOUR YOUR PICTURE **
Value diversity, Stop all forms of racism!

Europe is experiencing a growing discrimination especially towards
migrant and minority groups. Governments have the responsibility to
build anti-discrimination measures and protect equal rights of people.
Instead we have poor reactions of state institutions, political parties
and media that even put the blame on discriminated groups themselves.
Innocent people continue to be victims of racism.

Violence, killings, hate crimes, beatings are a few examples of
manifestations of racial discrimination that are regularly reported all
over Europe. The alarming growth of racial motivated attacks is a clear
sign that we need to work out together a strong strategy.

Today we can travel, work and live in other countries in Europe, but we
experience a clash of differences on social level and we are confronted
with social exclusion, which endangers daily life of migrant groups in
Europe.

It is important that we all inform people in our communities about the
social effect of racism.
Look Deeper - See the colours, don't see black and white!

Non-governmental organisations, media, governments, we should work
together to promote solidarity and the benefits of diversity, as an
important strategy to make Europe a space where everybody can equally
participate.

** LET US CAMPAIGN TOGETHER **
UNITED for Intercultural Action is the European network against
nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees.
Linked through UNITED, more than 560 organisations and youth
organisations work together on a voluntary basis.
UNITED publicises and supports initiatives of local groups and
highlights the issues of racism on an European level.

For more campaign information:
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/Info3_08.htm

** EUROPEAN LIST OF ACTIVITIES**
To make sure your activity is included in the European List of
Activities, documenting all the different activities during the campaign
and the strength of the anti-racism movement, send any available
information to UNITED, either by
fax (+31-20-6834582),
e-mail ([email protected])
mail (Postbus 413, NL-1000 AK Amsterdam)
or just call in the UNITED secretariat (+31-20-6834778).

The List is regularly updated on
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/act08arw.htm

REACTION/ORDER FORM
RETURN! -  this form to: [email protected]

OUR ACTIVITY

YES, our organisation wants to join the 'European-wide Action Week
Against Racism' - 2008!

OUR ACTIVITY IS:

title:
type of activity:
date:
place:
theme(s):
organiser(s):

contact address:
street:
city:
postal code:
country:
phone:
fax:
email:
website:

contact person:
mobile phone:

Are you aware of other activities organised in your country? Please be
as correct as possible: date, type, title, themes, location, contact
address...

Your activity will be included in the 'European List of Activities' of
the 15-23 March campaign 2008. Make sure your organisation and activity
is mentioned! The list is regularly updated on
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/act08arw.htm

ORDER FORM FOR CAMPAIGN MATERIAL FOR THE EUROPEAN-WIDE ACTION WEEK
AGAINST RACISM

UNITED can send up to 2 kilos campaign material free of charge (only in
Europe), please calculate how many copies you want. For more than 2
kilos we ask for contribution towards the mailing costs but if you need
more free material for special purposes don't hesitate to contact us.

POSTERS
(see
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/posterpostcardssticker.htm)

Quantity (16 gram /copy)

......... (max. 100)   'Colour Your Picture' (pdf 74kb) - NEW for this
years campaign!
Backside: information on 21 March campaign 2008

......... (max. 100)   'All Different - All Equal' (pdf 428kb)

......... (max. 100)   'Color is an Optical Illusion, All Different -
All Equal' (pdf 780kb)

......... (max. 100)   RUSSIAN EDITION 'Look Deeper' (pdf 436kb)
Backside: information on 21 March campaign in Russian language

......... (max. 50) Double sided: 'Look Deeper - Fundamentally We're
All the Same' (pdf 624kb)
Other side: 'UNITED to Combat Racism' (pdf 692kb)

POSTCARDS & STICKERS
(see
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/posterpostcardssticker.htm)

[ ] Yes we want to receive campaign postcards *

[ ] Yes we want to receive campaign stickers *

(* please tick)

CAMPAIGN REPORT

Quantity (26 gram/copy)

........ (max. 10)     'Campaign Report 2007' An overview of activities
during the 'European-wide Action Week Against Racism' 2007, which took
place in 44 European countries

Material to be sent to:

name organisation:
contact person:
mobile phone:

address organisation:
postal code:
place:
country:
phone:
fax:
email:
website:

> SEND <
this form as soon as possible to:
[email protected]

We depend on YOUR help in 2008!

UNITED is not rich and has no stable income !
Though far most of the work at the UNITED secretariat is done voluntary
- still money is needed to keep the network functioning in 2008 and to
secure the cooperation and information flow throughout Europe.

Your donation is most welcome:
- in cash to UNITED Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
- by bank (preferable) to:
UNITED, Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
Account: IBAN NL77PSTB0002343715, BIC: PSTB NL2A - Bank: Postbank,
Postbus 1800, NL-1000 BV Amsterdam
(From NL: postbank 2343715)

UNITED is the pan-European network against nationalism, racism, fascism
and in support of migrants and refugees, supported by over 560
organisations in 46 European countries.
How to join the network: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org 'joining
the network'

UNITED E-NEWS is an irregular email service to over 9000 organisations
and contact persons active in the working fields: anti-racism, refugee
support, anti-fascism, against antisemitism, migration, minority issues,
intercultural youth work, against nationalism etc.

Regular postal mailings, containing publications such as Addressbook
Against Racism, Calendar of Internationalism, Campaign reports, Posters
etc. are sent to over 2400 European organisations. If you also would
like to receive this mailing: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org
'joining the network'
----

UNITED for Intercultural Action
European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of
migrants and refugees
Postbus 413 - NL 1000 AK Amsterdam - phone +31-20-6834778 - fax
+31-20-6834582 - [email protected] -
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/