MINELRES: Publication: Berghof Handbook for Conflict Transformation

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue Aug 26 09:24:02 2008

Original sender: Beatrix Schmelzle <[email protected]>

Dear colleague!

we would like to draw your attention to a Russian-language resource
which we hope can be useful in your work: The Russian Edition of the
Berghof Handbook for Conflict Transformation. Given the recent recourse
to military action in the Caucasus, we believe this collection, which
presents constructive ways of conflict resolution, to be timely and
highly important. May we also ask you to forward this email to anyone
who might be interested?!

The Handbook for Conflict Transformation aims to present the current
state-of-the-art in practical, empirical and theoretical knowledge
concerning how to prevent and transform violent conflict. It is geared
towards practitioners, scholars and policy makers in the fields of peace
work, development cooperation, humanitarian aid, and human rights work.

Access the Russian-language articles online at:
http://www.berghof-handbook.net/std_page.php?LANG=e&id=27&parent=6

Furthermore, English-language articles are also available online at:
http://www.berghof-handbook.net/

The translation into Russian was organised in cooperation with the N.N.
Miklouho-Maclay Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology of the Russian
Academy of Sciences, and funded by the Berghof Foundation for Conflict
Studies.

An expanded print version of the Russian edition of the Berghof Handbook
for Conflict Transformation has been published by Nauka Publishers,
Moscow in September 2007, and is available through the Institute of
Ethnology and Anthropology. For information on how to order the Russian
print edition, please contact Mara Ustinova via the information on our
website.

With our best wishes,

The Berghof Handbook Team in
Berlin