MINELRES: New BHC publication: Obektiv, issue 153, April 2008

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue Apr 29 19:30:00 2008

Original sender: Desislava Simeonova <[email protected]>

The Bulgarian Helsinki Committee has published the English-language
edition of Obektiv, covering the period January - March 2008.

To read the issue, please click here:
http://www.bghelsinki.org/index.php?module=resources&lg=en&id=633

Contents:

The Kosovo precedent
by Krassimir Kanev

Andrzej Wajda's Katyn or the disgrace of a film fest
by Yuliana Metodieva

And now we are all in the same boat, by Valeri Lekov

Supreme Court decision makes a mockery of human rights: Chronology of an
unpunished case of police abuse
by Stanimir Petrov

Bulgarian National Television's "One of Us": A caricature of the
integration of people with disabilities
by Yana Domuschieva

Bulgaria has "Home", not abandoned children?
by Kapka Panayotova

Following another desecration of a Muslim building the institutions
remain silent
Interview by Emil Cohen

Orchestrated grief, charity, and philanthropy
by Marta Metodieva

Ataka's torchlight procession radiated hatred
by Danail Brezov

[Arithm]et(h)ics
When are the media going to start keeping up their own Code of Ethics
with regard to discrimination? If it was up to them, never
by Yana Buhrer-Tavanier

The other journalism or why we need a guide to reporting diversity
by Yana Buhrer Tavanier

The Prosecutor's Office is letting off steam
by Krum Blagov

"The Ninth"
by Momchil Hristov

Irresponsible donating