MINELRES: UNITED: Refugee Campaign: create your own exhibition

[email protected] [email protected]
Sun May 27 19:05:44 2007

Original sender: UNITED <[email protected]>

UNITED E-NEWS 25/5/07 - INTERNATIONAL REFUGEE DAY - 20 JUNE 2007

CREATE YOUR OWN EXHIBITION DURING YOUR ACTIVITIES FOR THE REFUGEE
CAMPAIGN ON THE 20th OF JUNE.
NEW on our site:
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/list-exhibition.htm

The on-going campaign of UNITED for Intercultural Action The 'Fatal
Realities of Fortress Europe' is developing a new project called "The
List Exhibition" *: a poster collection of some representative cases
compiled from our UNITED List of 8855 documented refugee deaths (pdf 280
Kb).

These posters are composed with some of the articles we collect in our
archive during our daily work and during our searches to protest against
European immigration policies.

We ask you to use the posters - available at
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org/pages/list-exhibition.htm#1 print
them in A3 format and hang them** in your University, your office, the
Library of your town, etc. - or print them on A4 format as a reader for
media and politicians, with the full list of refugee deaths.

All these stories are provided to give a human face to the campaign 'The
Fatal Realities of 'Fortress Europe'.

We believe it is important to spread this material within all UNITED
network, to show that the victims of Fortress Europe are not 'only' 8855
numbers on a list, but individuals with a background, a life and hopes.

Some of the posters we decided to publish are not in English. We think
this project is a useful tool to raise awareness throughout all European
Countries: for this reason UNITED asks you to cooperate with us by (keep
on) sending articles in your language connected with refugee deaths so
we can improve our project!

You can also order posters, stickers, postcards and info material to use
for campaigning, up to 2 kilos are for free. Order form (rtf 8kB)

*The List was a project by the artist Banu Cennetoglu. For this project
the UNITED List was displayed as a poster campaign in 110 billboards at
busstops (gif) throughout the city of Amsterdam for the duration of two
weeks, March 14th-March 28th 2007. The poster campaign did not contain
any advertising, but the List itself (for an impression on the event,
see the pictures). The purpose of the project was to confront a general
audience with this crucial document by making it visible within the
public sphere.

**  We remember you can use all UNITED material free of copy right! But
mention as source (UNITED www.unitedagainstracism.org) and keep us
informed, send pictures etc.

--
We depend on YOUR help in 2007!

UNITED is not rich and has no stable income!
Though far most of the work at the UNITED secretariat is done voluntary
- still money is needed to keep the network functioning in 2007 and to
secure the cooperation and information flow throughout Europe.

Your donation is most welcome:
- in cash to UNITED Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
- by bank (preferable) to:
UNITED, Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
Account: IBAN NL77PSTB0002343715, BIC: PSTB NL2A - Bank: Postbank,
Postbus 1800, NL-1000 BV Amsterdam
(From NL: postbank 2343715)

UNITED is the pan-European network against nationalism, racism, fascism
and in support of migrants and refugees, supported by over 560
organisations in 46 European countries.
How to join the network: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org 'joining
the network'

UNITED E-NEWS is an irregular email service to over 8500 organisations
and contact persons active in the working  fields: anti-racism, refugee
support, anti-fascism, against antisemitism, migration, minority issues,
intercultural youth work, against nationalism etc.

Regular postal mailings, containing publications such as Addressbook
Against Racism, Calendar of Internationalism, Campaign reports, Posters
etc. are sent to over 2400 European organisations.  If you also would
like to receive this mailing: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org
'joining the network'
----

UNITED for Intercultural Action
European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of
migrants and refugees
Postbus 413   -  NL 1000 AK Amsterdam - phone +31-20-6834778  -  fax
+31-20-6834582 - [email protected]  -
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/