MINELRES: Eurolang News - July 2007

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue Jul 24 10:23:27 2007

Original sender: Eurolang <[email protected]>

Dear Madam/ Sir,
We include a brief summary of the latest articles published on Eurolang.

PfD 2007 to focus on issues in regional or minority language
broadcasting
http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=2915&Itemid=1&lang=en

Partnership for Diversity (PfD 2007), EBLUL’s flagship conference, will
this year explore issues in minority language broadcasting. The
conference (26th-29th September) will gather a host of experts in the
field, both broadcasters and academics, to the spectacular Alpine
setting of Vigo di Fassa, Trentino, north Italy, set in the heart of the
Ladin-speaking region.

European Parliament linguistic discrimination hearing calls for EU
language legislation
http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=2921&Itemid=1&lang=en

The European Parliament held a public hearing on the socio-economic and
political effects of linguistic discrimination earlier this week (2-3
July) with calls for language legislation, policy and planning at the EU
and member state level.

Wales: New Government – New Language Rights
http://www.eurolang.net/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=2916&Itemid=1&lang=en

Following weeks of debate and argument, the National Assembly of Wales
has a Labour/Plaid Cymru coalition government. The parties joint policy
document "One Wales" features a clear vision for the ongoing development
of the Welsh language.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information. We thank
you for your interest in Eurolang.

Dr Davyth A. Hicks
Editor-in-Chief
EUROLANG NEWS