MINELRES: King Baudouin Foundation: Update about our activities in the Balkans - May 2006

[email protected] [email protected]
Mon May 22 20:32:41 2006

Original sender: King Baudouin Foundation <[email protected]>

King Baudouin Foundation: Update about our activities in the Balkans
May 2006

Background information about our activities in the area of the Balkans
is given below. You can also consult this information on www.kbs-frb.be

If you wish to receive regular updates about all our calls for projects,
events, publications and so on, register for our general e-news.

Newsflash: the International Commission on the Balkans reiterates its
call for a clear EU membership perspective for the Western Balkans

Two years after the beginning of its work and a year after the
publication of the report The Balkans in Europe�s Future, the
International Commission on the Balkans held its final meeting on 8-9
May 2006 in Rome. In its declaration issued on 9 May, the Day of Europe,
the Commission warns the European Union about the dangers of not giving
a clear membership perspective to the countries of the Western Balkans.
The International Commission on the Balkans has been initiated and
supported by the Robert Bosch Foundation, The Charles Stewart Mott
Foundation, the German Marshall Fund of the United States and the King
Baudouin Foundation.
See the full text of the Declaration: www.balkan-commission.org

The King Baudouin Foundation sincerely thanks the Belgian National
Lottery and all those who have supported its efforts with their
generosity.

For practical details:
please e-mail: [email protected]
or telephone: +32 70 233 728

King Baudouin Foundation, rue Brederodestraat 21, B-1000 Brussels
Tel : +32 2 511 18 40, fax : +32 2 511 52
21

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/