MINELRES: UNITED: European-wide Action Week Against Racism 2006

[email protected] [email protected]
Fri Mar 24 16:46:30 2006

Original sender: UNITED <[email protected]>

E-News 19-03-06: European-wide Action Week Against Racism

UNITED E-NEWS 19/03/2006:

European-wide Action Week Against Racism: "Speak Out! Against Racism"
18-26 March 2006
Live Reporting on the events of Action Week 2006 on ICARE (www.icare.to)
- in English, Francais, Espanol

ORDER! - material for free (see order form below)
INFORM! - us about your activity (see questionnaire below)

**Europe Speaks Out Against Racism: Activities in 40 European
Countries**

>From 18 March to 26 March, non-governmental-organisations from 40
different European countries - from Sweden to Spain, from Great Britain
to Russia - will raise their common voice against one common problem:
racism.
Activities like conferences, media actions, big nation-wide campaign and
educational projects in schools will take place to highlight the issue
of racism and to raise awareness, especially among youngsters.

**Live Reporting on the Events of the Action Week on ICARE -
www.icare.to **

Once again the I CARE News team will organise live reporting in English,
French and Spanish of the 2006 European-wide Action Week Against Racism.
And therefore they need YOUR HELP!
Every day there will be reports by phone from places where events take
place (to get an impression have a look at the 2005 edition
http://www.icare.to/21march2005.html)

If you are organising something and you want to participate in the live
reporting, just send an e-mail to [email protected] with your phone-number
(to contact you before the event takes place and to explain how it
works), the place, date and time of your event and a short description
of your activity.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TOO SMALL EVENT, we like reporting on all
actions/events that are being done!

And of course, photo's and written reports about your event are also
most welcome
(send both to [email protected] and [email protected])!

**Join the campaign*

Of course, you can still order the UNITED material - such as postcards,
stickers and posters - and you can still inform us about your activity
(just fill the form below and send it to [email protected]).
We will add your event to our List of Activity, which is regularly
updated on www.unitedagainstracism.org, documenting all the different
activities during the campaign and the strength of the antiracist
movement throughout Europe.

REACTION/ORDER FORM
RETURN! -  this form to: [email protected]

OUR ACTIVITY DURING THE ACTION-WEEK

YES, our organisation wants to join the European-wide Action Week
Against Racism - 2006!

OUR ACTIVITY IS:

title:
type of activity:
date:
place:
theme(s):
organiser:
contact address:
phone:
mobile phone:
fax:
email:
website:

Are you aware of other activities organised in your country?
Please be as concrete as possible: date, type, themes, location, contact
address...

Make sure your organisation and activity is mentioned! Your activity
will be included in the European List of Activities of the 21 March
campaign 2006, which is regularly updated on
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org

ORDER FORM FOR FREE CAMPAIGN MATERIAL FOR THE ACTION-WEEK

UNITED can send up to 2 kilos campaign of material free of charge,
please calculate how many copies you want. For more than 2 kilos we ask
for contribution towards the mailing costs but if you need more free
material for special purposes don't hesitate to contact us.

POSTERS (see images on http://www.unitedagainstracism.org under
campaign)

Quantity  (17 gram /copy)

......... (max. 100)     'Speak Out! Against Racism' � NEW for this
years campaign! Backside: information on 21 March campaign 2006

......... (max. 100)     'Act! Against Racism!' Backside: information
on 21 March campaign 2005

......... (max. 100)     Double sided: 'Look Deeper � Fundamentally
We're All the Same' and 'UNITED to Combat Racism'

POSTCARDS & STICKERS (see images http://www.unitedagainstracism.org
under 'new on this site')

[   ]  Yes we want to receive campaign postcards *

[   ]  Yes we want to receive campaign stickers *

(* please tick)

CAMPAIGN REPORT 2005

Quantity  26 gram/copy)

........ (max. 10)     Campaign report on the European-wide Action Week
2005

Material to be sent to:

name organisation:
contact person:
address organisation:
postal Code:
place:
country:
phone:
mobile phone:
fax:
email:
website:

--

We depend on YOUR help in 2006!

UNITED is not rich and has no stable income !
Though far most of the work at the UNITED secretariat is done voluntary
- still money is needed to keep the network functioning in 2006 and to
secure the cooperation and information flow throughout Europe.

Your donation is most welcome:
- in cash to UNITED Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
- by bank (preferable) to:
UNITED, Postbus 413 NL-1000 AK Amsterdam
Account: IBAN NL77PSTB0002343715, BIC: PSTB NL2A - Bank: Postbank,
Postbus 1800, NL-1000 BV Amsterdam
(From NL: postbank 2343715)

Become supporter of UNITED, or take a subscription to the mailing:
http://www.united.non-profit.nl/pages/howcan.htm

UNITED is the pan-European network against nationalism, racism, fascism
and in support of migrants and refugees, supported by over 560
organisations in 46 European countries.
How to join the network: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org 'joining
the network'

UNITED E-NEWS is an irregular email service to over 6300 organisations
and contact persons active in the working  fields: anti-racism, refugee
support, anti-fascism, against antisemitism, migration, minority issues,
intercultural youth work, against nationalism etc.

Regular postal mailings, containing publications such as Addressbook
Against Racism, Calendar of Internationalism, Campaign reports, Posters
etc. are sent to over 2200 European organisations.  If you also would
like to receive this mailing: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org
'joining the network'

----

UNITED for Intercultural Action
European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of
migrants and refugees
Postbus 413   -  NL 1000 AK Amsterdam - phone +31-20-6834778  -  fax
+31-20-6834582 - [email protected]  -
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/