MINELRES: Council of Europe Commentary on Education under the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue Jun 20 21:20:25 2006

Original sender: Minorities.fcnm <[email protected]>

Dear Sir, Madam,

We have the pleasure to send you herewith the "Commentary on Education under
the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities" issued
by the Advisory Committee on the Framework Convention for the Protection of
National Minorities during its 25th plenary session, held in Strasbourg from
27 February to 3 March 2006. This Commentary represents the Advisory
Committee's first thematic paper related to the implementation and the
monitoring of the Framework Convention. Based on a draft prepared by Ms
Athanasia Spiliopoulou �kermark, Second Vice-President of the Advisory
Committee, the Commentary was adopted after several exchanges of view,
including with a number of experts dealing with educational issues. A French
and Russian version will also be available shortly upon request.

The Advisory Committee, set up in 1998 in accordance with Article 26 of the
Framework Convention, is composed of independent experts with recognised
expertise in the field of national minorities. The Advisory Committee is
responsible for the monitoring of the Framework Convention and tasked to
adopt Opinions in respect of each State Party on the implementation of the
Framework Convention.

We hope that this Commentary will be useful to you in your activities related
to the protection of national minorities.

Secretariat of the Framework Convention for the Protection of National
Minorities
Directorate General of Human Rights

Tel: +33 (0)3 88 41 36 52
Fax: +33 (0)3 90 21 49 18
www.coe.int/minorities

>From MINELRES moderator: The full text (appr. 900 Kb in .pdf file) will be sent
to all interested list members by request.
Boris

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/