MINELRES: A new service for human rights professionals

[email protected] [email protected]
Mon Jul 24 17:57:43 2006

Original sender: Daniel D'Esposito <[email protected]>

Hello,

We would like to tell you about a new website for human rights professionals
called Human Rights Tools.

It offers four services:

1. A library of carefully selected and commented resources:
http://www.humanrightstools.org/index.htm

You will find:
- monitoring and fact-finding tools, advocacy tools and other essential
resources for human rights work
- thematic resources on the protection of detainees, human rights defenders,
refugees, and more
- the top online databases for resources on human rights law, refugee law and
humanitarian law

... and much more. We have even set up a section called "Your career" where
you will find job vacancies and training opportunities:
http://www.humanrightstools.org/dcd/8_Your_career/

2. Key resources for country analysis:
http://www.humanrightstools.org/countryanalysis.htm

To rapidly establish the human rights profile of a particular country and to
facilitate analysis and follow-up of developments, you can draw on a number
of resources listed here: the situation in terms of human rights, political
and conflict analysis, the economics, the legal instruments which that country
has ratified, and human rights-relevant news.

3. Daily updated human rights headlines:
http://www.humanrightstools.org/rssnews.htm

This page will provide you with fresh human rights news from a selection of
top sources - all on one convenient page and updated automatically every time
you visit. We currently list headlines from the following sources: Human
Rights Watch, Amnesty, FIDH, Human Rights Listings, Reliefweb, Inter Press
Service. Be sure to bookmark this page!

4. Our newsletter:
If you are interested in receiving updates on new tools and resources, then
subscribe to our newsletter - we have several exciting issues in the pipeline.
Just click on the link below:
http://humanrightstools.org/cgi-
bin/dada/mail.cgi/n/news/minelres/mailbox.riga.lv/12248460/

The website and newsletter are produced by a small and independant group of
volunteers who aim to facilitate the use of information on human rights
available on the Internet.
http://www.humanrightstools.org/about.htm

We hope you found this website useful and would appreciate very much receiving
your comments and suggestions. Do you know any resources to add? Any areas we
should cover? Please send comments to Daniel ([email protected]).

Finally, please forward this email to your friends and colleagues who share
your interest in human rights.

This is a one-time mailing - you won't hear from us again unless you subscribe
to the newsletter (see link above).

Best regards,

Daniel D'Esposito

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/