MINELRES: SOVA News on Religion in Russia

[email protected] [email protected]
Sat Aug 26 09:11:57 2006

Original sender: SOVA Center <[email protected]>

Dear Colleagues,

You see the first message in new mailing list of SOVA Center for
Information and Analysis. All documents here will be about the situation
with religion in Russia.

Do not worry, we won�t send here our everyday news on this topic (they
are in Russian only, and if you would like to receive, please subscribe
to regular list, e-mail: [email protected]), we will send
only most important comments and information once a month as average.

Messages won�t be long. If it is a long text, as today, message will
contain the short intro and the link to our web site only.

If you would like to recommend the list to your friends, let them
e-mail: [email protected]
If you would like to send us any comments, please e-mail:
[email protected]

Sincerely yours,
Alexander Verkhovsky
SOVA Center for Information and Analysis, Moscow
-------------------------------------

The Ministry of Justice has proposed restricting missionary outreach -
http://religion.sova-center.ru/publications/194EF5E/7D530F1

According to the Slavic Legal Center, the Russian Ministry of Justice
has mailed out a draft legal text to religious associations to consult
about the Ministry�s initiative to amend certain federal legislation "to
counteract illegal missionary outreach." The Slavic Legal Center is very
critical of the proposed law.

Similarly, SOVA offers our own, more detailed critical remarks.

SOVA Center for Information and Analysis, Moscow
http://sova-center.ru
Do not reply to this message.
For any comments, e-mail: [email protected]
If your colleague wants to subscribe, let him or her e-mail:
[email protected]

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/