MINELRES: Conference: "Roma Diplomacy: A Challenge for European Institutions?", Brussels, 8 - 9 December 2005

[email protected] [email protected]
Sat Nov 26 09:04:41 2005

Original sender: Valeriu Nicolae <[email protected]>

Dear Sir/Madam,

It is our pleasure to invite you to the International Conference: �Roma
Diplomacy:  A Challenge for European Institutions?� hosted by the
European Parliament and opened by the President of the European
Parliament, Mr Josep Borrell. The conference will take place on December
8 and 9, 2005, bringing together MEPs, diplomats, representatives of the
OSCE and the Council of Europe, Roma activists and academics.

The conference will focus on the existing and planned positive
initiatives of the institutions involved. We believe that the successful
work of the European Parliament, the European Commission, Council of
Europe, OSCE and some embassies should be promoted and replicated by
member states, and we hope to produce a set of recommendations to that
effect.

This conference forms part of the Roma Diplomacy project (see
http://www.diplomacy.edu/roma) which aims to train young Roma rights
activists as public diplomats with the skills needed to represent their
communities.

Please see attached flyer for more information. To register please visit
http://www.diplomacy.edu/roma/conference.asp or contact
[email protected] or the European Roma Information Office at the
numbers below.

Please accept our apologies in the case of double posting.

Valeriu Nicolae
Project Manager of Roma Diplomacy Project
Av.Eduard Lacomble 17, Brussels
Tel + 32 27333462
Fax +32 27333875
Mobile +32