MINELRES: Fwd: Sachs' Millenium Project report

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Wed Feb 16 14:40:02 2005

Original sender: Chris Chapman <[email protected]>

Dear all,

This report of the UN Millenium Project looks at how we are doing
regarding meeting the Millenium Development Goals by 2015.

Chapter 12 of this report, Strategies for countries affected by
conflict, from the point of view of minorities and indigenous peoples,
is extraordinary. It could hardly have been better if we had written it
ourselves.  It says everything we are tyring to say about the role of
minority rights in conflict prevention.

It talks about participation in decision-making, need for disaggregated
data, role of NGOs representing minorities and IPs in giving them a
voice and promoting reconciliation, provision of services without
discrimination, MDG-based poverty reduction strategies that consider the
needs of marginalised groups, etc.

This is the web address for the Report:
http://unmp.forumone.com/index.html

Chris