MINELRES: Request for information: Human Rights violations in Transnistria

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Sun Feb 6 10:35:02 2005

Original sender: Alexei Tulbure <[email protected]>

To all concern!!! We URGENTLY need concrete examples of violations of
fundamental human rights and liberties in Transnistrian region of the
Republic of Moldova. We have exhaustive information on the problem of
Moldovan schools with using Latin script, of penitentiary institution No
8 in Bender, Ilascu group and on other widely mediated issues. Now we
need other concrete examples of violations of:
- right to life;
- right to liberty and security;
- right to a fair trial;
- right to respect for private and family life;
- property rights;
- freedom of expression;
- freedom of thought, conscience and religion;
- freedom of assembly and association;

also cases of discrimination, torture, slavery, forced labour,
punishment without law and so on. We would appreciate rather facts, than
comments: date, place, names, what happened and what followed. Now the
Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe is discussing, along the
matter of Moldovan schools, the more general issue of human rights
violations in Transnistria. Your help is of great value and will be
highly appreciated. Information could be send to the following e-mails:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Thank you in advance.

Permanent Representation of Moldova to the Council of Europe
(Strasbourg).