MINELRES: FCNM: News concerning Denmark and Hungary

[email protected] [email protected]
Fri Dec 16 18:03:58 2005

Original sender: Nicola Markes-Goerlach <[email protected]>

Council of Europe Framework Convention for the Protection of National
Minorities: news concerning Denmark and Hungary

THE COMMITTEE OF MINISTERS ISSUES RECOMMENDATIONS ON MINORITY PROTECTION IN
DENMARK AND HUNGARY

Strasbourg 14.12.2005 - The Committee of Ministers to-day adopted resolutions
on the protection of national minorities in Denmark and Hungary. These
resolutions contain conclusions and recommendations, highlighting positive
developments but also a number of areas where further measures are needed to
advance the implementation of the Framework Convention for the Protection of
National Minorities.

The resolutions are largely based on the corresponding Opinions of the Advisory
Committee on the Framework Convention. The detailed Opinions of the Advisory
Committee of independent experts, together with the comments by the Governments
of Denmark and Hungary, are also available on line.

Further information on the functioning of the monitoring process under the
Framework Convention can be found on the following web-site:
www.coe.int/minorities or by contacting [email protected]. Due to
technical problems experienced currently on our site, we would suggest that you
print the PDF files only.

Nicola Markes-Goerlach
Council of Europe
Directorate General of Human Rights
Secretariat of the Framework Convention
for the Protection of National Minorities
F-67075 Strasbourg-Cedex
http://www.coe.int/minorities

http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/ http://www.microlink.com/