MINELRES: UNITED E-NEWS 24-09-2004: European Social Forum

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Thu Sep 30 16:36:43 2004

Original sender: UNITED <[email protected]>

UNITED E-NEWS 24-09-2004: European Social Forum
UNITED E-NEWS: UNITED at the European Social Forum

Dear Friends,
Are you or your organisation going to take part in the forthcoming
European Social Forum in London, 14-17 October 2004? There will be a lot
of interesting antiracism, refugee- and minority rights and related
meetings in the ESF programme: [email protected],
www.fse-esf.org

Please let us know if you also plan to be present - we would like to
arrange an informal meeting with those anti-racist, minority and refugee
etc. organisations that would like to meet with UNITED. Please send us
the name and email address of your delegate(s) - we will contact them
directly.

year UNITED is planning to be very much present at the ESF. In
particular, we are going to distribute a large amount of anti-racist and
pro-refugee rights informational material produced by UNITED. We believe
it is potentially interesting and useful to thousands of activists of
social movements present there. There will be a UNITED Info stall  in
the 'Alexandra Palace' venue in North London.

We need your help! If you are going to be in London and are willing to
help with the distribution of some UNITED material at the meetings,
please let us know already at [email protected] and we will
contact you to discuss the details.
We will appreciate your support!

Rafal and Geert

Excerpt from the Calendar of Internationalism:

14.10.04-17.10.04
"European Social Forum - Another World is Possible"
European Social Forum in London (GB)
organized by European Social Forum
themes: the ESF is a unique opportunity where social movements, trade
unions, NGOs, refugees, peace and anti-imperialist groups, anti-racist
movements, environmental movements, networks of the excluded and
community campaigns from Europe and the world can come together to
discuss how to achieve global social justice for all and debate ways of
making 'another world possible'....
contact: European Social Forum
[email protected], www.fse-esf.org

donotreply to this sender address: donotreply@unitedagainstracism
send your reactions to: [email protected]

--

UNITED is the pan-European network against nationalism, racism, fascism
and in support of migrants and refugees, supported by over 560

UNITED E-NEWS is an irregular email service to 4500 organisations and
contact persons active in the working  fields: anti-racism, refugee
support, anti-fascism, against antisemitism, migration, minority issues,
intercultural youth work, against nationalism etc.

Regular postal mailings, containing publications such as Addressbook
Against Racism, Calendar of Internationalism, Campaign reports, Posters
etc. are sent to over 2200 European organisations.  If you also would
like to receive this mailing: see http://www.unitedagainstracism.org
'joining the network'
----

UNITED for Intercultural Action
European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of
migrants and refugees
Postbus 413   -  NL 1000 AK Amsterdam
phone +31-20-6834778  -  fax +31-20-6834582
[email protected]  -  http://www.unitedagainstracism.org