MINELRES: John Smith Fellowship Programme 2005

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Wed Oct 20 17:50:22 2004

Original sender: Emily Carr <[email protected]>

THE JOHN SMITH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME 2005

The John Smith Fellowship Scheme is an intensive, 6-week programme on
good governance, democracy and social justice.

It is available to promising young leaders from Russia, the Ukraine,
Armenia, Moldova, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan and Azerbaijan.

We are currently seeking applications from potential candidates for our
2005 Fellowship Programme, to take place in June/July next year.

Normally, successful candidates are aged between 25 and 35 and in
employment at the time of application.

Preference is given to applicants working in:
- the political process,
- legal services, especially in the field of human rights;
- journalism/broadcasting;
- government service (including local government);
- NGOs with explicit involvement in furthering democracy, equal rights
and social justice, or promoting democratic access, participation and
accountability in government.

A high standard of competence in the English language is essential.

I would be grateful if you could encourage anyone interested to apply
and circulate this message widely.

Further information on our recruitment criteria, application details and
deadlines can be obtained from the British Council website:
http://www.britishcouncil.org/jsmithpublic/index.htm

Country links from this page will give details of the application
process in each of our seven Fellowship countries.

For further information about the John Smith Memorial Trust, please
visit
www.johnsmithmemorialtrust.org

Thank you for your assistance.

Emma MacLennan