MINELRES: Call for applications for the JEF International Seminar

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Sun Nov 7 11:59:53 2004

Original sender: Roma Network <[email protected]>

Call for applications for the JEF International Seminar

"The issue of the national minorities and their role in a Peaceful
Europe"

Moldova, January 3-6, 2005.
Latvia, January 8-11, 2005.

The Young European Federalists Moldova is happy to invite you to the
international seminar "The issue of national minorities and their role
in a Peaceful Europe"

It will take place in Moldova, Chisinau city between 3rd and 6th of
January and in Lithuania, Vilnius city between 8th and 11th of January
2005. We are expecting 23 young people between 18 and 28 years old,
involved in an NGO work or other type of voluntary activity interested
in conflict resolution and minorities issues.

The main aim:

Participants of our training will get acquainted with the ethnic
minorities� problems of a country, especially in Moldova, Romania and
Lithuania, Latvia or Estonia. The participants will have the possibility
to discuss and analyze the minorities� issue and also to give
prospective resolutions of the conflict that causes disorder and
trouble. We also tend to attract the attention of young people coming
from different cultural and social backgrounds on the various aspects of
ethnical and national minorities� protection and promote an open
dialogue between them.

Specific objectives:

� Better understanding of the issue of national minorities in a country
through different debates and discussions with several experts
� Giving solutions or finding possible ways of solving the issue of
national minorities
� Provision of comprehensive information about the national minorities�
problem in the states mentioned above
� Through workshops and simulation games participants shall get a better
understanding for political decision making and the great importance of
the national minorities� issue. As a result of our training we expect
our participants to be able to provide this information to their
compatriots, support the idea of peace and friendship among the ethnic
groups of their country or region
� Peaceful conflict resolution; the training will permit the
participants to promote and to explain the importance of solving the
ethnical issue in a peaceful way, or to minimize the proportion of this
problem which could provoke anytime a serious crisis in a country�s
society.
� Local impact; The involvement of young people from the local, national
and international level will encourage them to maintain and to promote
the sense of alliance and the idea of a peaceful resolution of the
minorities conflict among their friends, colleagues and the whole ethnic
group.
� Interethnic cooperation; The training made by our organization will
promote and intensify the cooperation between the ethic groups in order
to eliminate the inequity between them and will contribute to the
development of new, friendly and warm relations.

Participation conditions:

The participants will be young people between 18 and 28 years old,
involved in an NGO work or other type of voluntary activity interested
in conflict resolution and minorities issues. Lodging, board and trips
covered by the organizers (with the support of the European Youth
Foundation). Participation fee is 70 Euro.

Travel reimbursement will be provided in the amount of up to 70% of the
cheapest means of travel and only upon presentation of the tickets, and
the total amount of reimbursement will not exceed 150 Euro. Travel
reimbursement will be given only to participants who attend at least 80%
of the seminar. The participation fee will be deducted from the travel
reimbursement.

There are scholarships available for those whose travel expenses prove
to be very high.
These scholarships consist in reduction of the participation fee or
increase of the travel reimbursement amount.

Deadline for application:
Early deadline: 15th of November (people requesting a scholarship are
advised to apply up to 1st of November)

Late deadline: 1st of December

The application form can be downloaded here:
http://www.iatp.md/jef/future.htm

The applications accompanied by short Curriculum Vitae should be sent by
e-mail, fax or mail to:
E-mail: [email protected] or Fax: (+3732) 2 439819

Or the address stated below:

The Young European Federalists Moldova (JEF Moldova)
33 Puskin str. 1A, Chisinau. MD2012. Republic of Moldova.
E-mail to: [email protected]; [email protected]

Tel: (+3736) 9366719 or (+ 373 2) 2 439819