MINELRES: Estonia: New publications on LICHR website

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Sun Jul 11 12:47:42 2004

Original sender: Helen Sagadi <[email protected]>

Dear friends,

The Legal Information Centre for Human Rights is glad to inform about
changes at  its web page. At the moment most of the recent publications
of our organization are available online (see the full list of
publications at http://www.lichr.ee/eng/list_of_publications.shtm).

We would like to draw your attention to an Internet publication of the
book by Paul Downes �Living with Heroin� in English, Russian and
Estonian (see in the same list). The annotation of this book was
distributed by Minelres on 1 July 2003.

The LICHR is also glad to inform about new report on non-citizens in
Estonia. The document was prepared for the UN CERD thematic session on
non-citizens (Geneva, 1-2 March 2004). The report is now published and
available online (see at
http://www.lichr.ee/eng/researchers.analysis/non-citizens.pdf).

The LICHR has recently provided information on its conflict with the Tax
Board (see Minelres information of 3 February 2004). We are now taking
the liberty to express our gratitude to all our colleagues who have
supported us these days. We are pleased to inform that the decision of
the Tallinn office of the Tax Board has been annulated by the supreme
authority as ill-founded and biased. At the moment the Tax Board has no
claims to our organization. We are satisfied with these developments.
However, we are still cautious regarding the prospects of our relations
with Estonian state institutions.

Legal Information Centre for Human Rights
Tallinn, Estonia
www.lichr.ee