MINELRES: Fwd: New Report on Antisemitism in Europe

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Wed Apr 28 16:26:00 2004

Original sender: Greek Helsinki Monitor <[email protected]>

In anticipation of the OSCE meeting on antisemitism in Berlin next week,
we are sending the link to a report we have prepared for distribution
there, entitled Antisemitism in Europe: Challenging Official
Indifference
(http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/media/2004_alerts/0422.htm).
This is a follow-up to our 2002 report, Fire and Broken Glass: The Rise
of Antisemitism in Europe
(http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/pubs/antisemitism/antisemitism.htm).
It concludes with a series of recommendations to all OSCE governments.
As in our previous report, we have focused on the importance of official
mechanisms to monitor and report upon all forms of racist threats and
violenceand an effective legal framework through which crimes with
racist motives are made punishable.

Best wishes,

Michael McClintock
Director of Program