MINELRES: CfA: Humanity in Action: Human and Minority Rights Program 2004

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Tue Oct 28 19:10:14 2003

Original sender: Rainer Ohliger <[email protected]>

Call for Applications

Humanity in Action: 2004 Summer Program on Human and Minority Rights

Humanity in Action (HiA) is an international organization that brings
together Danish, Dutch, German, and American students with an active
interest in human and minority rights.

HiA-Fellows will have the opportunity to attend advanced lectures and
seminars in Copenhagen, Berlin, New York, and Washington D.C. They will
cooperate in an international and intellectually stimulating environment
and gain insights into important institutions.

During the German/American summer program in Berlin, participants will
take part in lectures and site visits. Various historical and
contemporary human rights and minority issues will be considered and
Fellows will be expected to conduct research in binational teams. Papers
will be published in the HIA 2005 Report.

We invite students from American, Danish, Dutch and German universities
to turn in their applications for our four week program in June 2004.
The summer program will be followed by a one week meeting in the United
States in October 2004.

Costs and expenses for participants will be largely covered by Humanity
in Action.

Deadlines for applications are December 15, 2003 (German program) or
spring 2004 (Dutch and Danish program). For further details and
application procedures please check our webpage:

www.humanityinaction.org

Students at German universities may send their application directly to:

[email protected] or [email protected].