MINELRES: CfA: Masters and individual courses in European Integration and Regionalism

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Mon Mar 3 12:26:01 2003

Original sender: Lantschner Emma <[email protected]>

Masters and individual courses in European Integration and Regionalism
Dear all,

Allow me to draw your attention on our Masters programme, which among
other things will deal with cultural diversity and minority protection.
We would be grateful if you would kindly disseminate information about
this programme as much as possible.

The University of Graz (Austria) is offering an interdisciplinary
Masters programme in European Integration and Regionalism starting at
the beginning of the academic year 2003-2004. The University has
entrusted two institutions with the implementation of this programme:
the European Academy of Bozen/Bolzano (Italy) and the European Institute
for Public Administration (Antenna Luxembourg). In addition, a network
of partner universities throughout Europe will provide a strong backup
for the programme.

The proposed curriculum is highly interdisciplinary and designed to
provide in particular a thorough understanding of the institutions and
fundamental concepts of EU and European Community law, regional and
social policies, regionalism and federalism, cultural diversity and
minority protection in the context of the process of European
integration. A strong focus on the horizontal integration of regions,
citizens, minorities, and cultures in Europe plus its 'bottom-up'
approach differentiate this innovative Masters programme from other
European studies courses.

The programme will be of particular interest to: post-graduate students
in law, economics, social and political sciences and history, civil
servants from national or regional administrations, journalists and
teachers.

Applications may be made to the full study programme but also to any of
the five modules individually.

Further details about the curriculum as well as application forms are
available on our webpage: www.eurac.edu/meir.

Thank you in advance for your endeavours. We remain at your complete
disposal for any further questions.

Yours sincerely,

Emma Lantschner

European Academy Bozen/Bolzano