MINELRES: Moldova: New NGO publication on Roma issues

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Tue Feb 25 07:58:02 2003

Original sender: Natalia Sineaeva <[email protected]>

News from Helsinki Citizens' Assembly-Moldova

Dear Friends,

The Youth Helsinki Citizens' Assembly of Moldova with the support of the
Royal Netherlands Embassy in Kiev published the 11th issue of the youth
magazine "The Collage-Moldova" in three languages: English,
Moldovan/Romanian, and Russian, focused on Roma issue. The issue covers
such topics as today's situation of the Romani people in Moldova, and
also in South-Eastern Europe, hate speeches against Roma in Moldovan
press, extermination of Romani people during the Second World War,
deportations of  Roma from Romania and Bessarabia (Moldova) to
Transdnistria in 1942, brief history of Roma in Bessarabia, etc.

We will be happy to send you this issue of our magazine, if interested.

More information:

Natalia Sineaeva and Vladimir Marian, email:

<[email protected]>, <[email protected]>

Tel.: (+373 92) 94654, (+373 2) 55 25 05

PO Box 1451, Chisinau, MOLDOVA

The next 12th number of the magazine will be also devoted to Roma, and
we welcome all your propsals for the new issue.