MINELRES: Fwd: CfP: Democracy and Human Rights in Multiethnic Societies, 7-11.7.2003, Konjic

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Sat Sep 28 11:40:29 2002

Original sender: Dzemal Sokolovic <[email protected]>

INSTITUTE FOR STRENGTHENING DEMOCRACY IN BOSNIA
K o n j i c
Bosnia-Herzegovina

CALL FOR PAPERS

and

INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE

at the Sixth International Seminar
"Democracy and Human Rights in Multiethnic Societies"
Time: 7 - 11, July, 2003
Place: Konjic, B&H

http://www.bosnet.org/democracy_institute/ .

Dear colleagues,

I hereby invite you to take part and call to submit papers at the Sixth
International Seminar "Democracy and Human Rights in Multiethnic
Societies", which is to be held from 7 - 11 July, 2003, in Konjic.

Seminar is organized in co-operation with Department of Comparative
Politics and Rokkan Centre, University of Bergen, Norway, and supported
by the Project "The Politics of Democratic and Welfare Development in
South Eastern Europe: a Network for Research and Education", backed by
the Center for International University Cooperation and Norwegian
Research Council, Oslo.

In order to make tentative program, I kindly request you to submit as
soon as possible your proposals to organize panel, submit paper, take
part in discussions, or simply attend the seminar. Working titles of
panels and presentations are welcomed at this stage. Any other
initiative on your part will be highly appreciated.

For your information, the DS 2002 gathered people from 27 countries,
while inquiries and interests to take part came from 51 countries.
Regrettably, although the organizers have this time been able to invite
a number of participants from South East European countries, a bulk of
our colleagues from East European, Asian and African countries,
interested to join us, were again not able to come due to financial or
visa obstacles.

Many participants from this year event vowed to come again. Such a
growing interest encourages us to continue with our friendly and
fruitful gathering. Students, women, members of minority groups, as well
as disabled persons are encouraged to participate.

A number of grants for travel and accommodation for participants from
Bosnia, the Balkans and South Eastern Europe, are available owing to the
support already provided by the University of Bergen. Organizers hope to
ensure additional grants for participants from Eastern Europe, Asia and
Africa, and are undertaking necessary moves to provide it timely. This
can also be considered as an invitation to foundations which were
reluctant so far, to shore our endeavor up. I myself am sure that the
Andrew`s Participant for Participant Fund will go on to function this
time as well.

Please also feel free to re-transmit this note to whomever might be
interested.

Sincerely,
Dzemal Sokolovic,
Director of the Institute for Strengthening Democracy in Bosnia