MINELRES: EUROLANG: Play in eight minority languages stirs up international media on Frisian island

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Fri Jun 7 16:19:22 2002

Original sender: Eva Bl�ssar <[email protected]>

Dear Sir/Madam,

We enclose for your attention a summary of an article which we carry
today.

The full article, and our entire service, is available at
http://www.eurolang.net

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Eurolang, the news agency of minority
language issues.

Kind regards,

Eva Bl�ssar
R�dactrice en chef/Editor-in-Chief
EUROLANG
rue Saint-Josse/Sint-Jooststraat 49
B-1210 Bruxelles/Brussel
BELGIQUE/BELGI�
T�l:  ++ 32 2/218.25.90
Fax:  ++ 32 2/218.19.74
Email:  [email protected]
Web:  www.eurolang.net

Play in eight minority languages stirs up international media on
Frisian island

Skylge/Terschelling 30/5/02 by Onno P. Falkena

The cultural Oerol Festival on the Frisian island of Skylge in the
Netherlands begins on June the 14th, but already now the multilingual
play 'Salted - how they drank and kept on drinking' attracts a huge
interest from international media. 'Salted' is a coproduction of eight
European theatre companies who usually perform in minority languages.
Every company sent one young actor or actress to Skylge. In the play
the languages Basque, Frisian, Irish, Occitan, Sami, Slovene, Sorbian
and Welsh will be heard, alongside with English as lingua franca.

For the full article please visit www.eurolang.net. Please note that
this article is also available in FRISIAN and SWEDISH.