MINELRES: Symposium: Human Rights & the Rule of Law, Frankfurt/Oder, March 2003

MINELRES moderator [email protected]
Fri Dec 27 10:57:33 2002

Original sender: Petja Dimitrova <[email protected]>

Dear friends,

EUROPE BEYOND THE UNION is a Series of Conferences on the Legal Aspects
of the New European Order.

We are happy to invite you for our second Symposium -Human Rights & the
Rule of Law- (March 27-30.2003) in Frankfurt/Oder (near Berlin).

The sympoium is aimed at young legal professionals, academics, NGO
representativs and civil servants. Participants from Central and Eastern
Europe are particularly welcome.

Forum 1
Constitutional Human Rights Guarantees and Constitutional Reality.
Constitutional Justice
Forum 2
External Aspects of Human Rights Protection: The Role of the EU and the
Council of Europe
Forum 3
Proper Administration of Justice and Fair Trials

Our goal is to analyse the current level of respect for fundamental and
human rights and to work out concrete suggestions for reform.

Participants are expected to prepare a country report for one of the
fora.
As well, highly qualified guest speakers will be invited to participate
in the fora. The country reports and the contributions of the guest
speakers will be published.
The conference languages are English and German with simultaneous
translation.
The registration fee is 50 Euro (accommodation and meals included).
Participants may apply for a grant to subsidise travel costs.

Registration forms and the programme can be found at our website:
http://fit.euv-frankfurt-o.de/EBU/index.htm

Petja Dimitrova,
European University Viadrina, Fankfurt/Oder, Germany